Question
Posted by: babe | 2011-11-10

fad up with thrush

hey doc
i trust you are well

i am at my wits end with thrush im 23 years old female on nordette for the past 3 yrs.
i first contacted thrush in july this year after intercouse with my boyfriend the symtoms started with itching burning and swelling i went to the chemist they recommended closcript and lactacyd hygiene wash i tired it but it neva work.
a week later i got bronchitis and was on antibiotics this made the infection worst and i started getting a white thick discharge
i been to a gynae he recommended fluconozole 200mg 4 tabs take one once a week on the same day and canex v cream it helped with the itching and burning and swelling but i still have the discharge and two months as passed since then im now using gyna guard virginal caps 4 caps inserting one once at night into virgina and its helping for the discharge but im getting the itching and burning again..i stopped using the lactacyd wash because it should make me itch i use normal bath soap i have tested for diabetics and std all clear...i really dont knw wat else to do
is there anything that you could recommend i could speak to my doc abt? is there any natural rememdies you could suggest as im tired of taking medication to solve this problem and its becoming very costly
please doc really need your help suffering for so long now :(

thank you and have a lovely day

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush. Lifestyle changes are important - cotton underwear, washing your underwear separately, etc. ALso your boyfriend should also be treated else you will keep reinfecting each other.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-11-15