Question
Posted by: bi | 2010-11-23

Fact of life

I've learned a very serious lesson, which may seem obvious, but seems to be often neglected.

You cannot make anyone love you. So if they leave, let them go.
They might come back, they might not. Don't waste a beautiful life and your precious time begging someone to take you back if they're chosen to leave. Move on.

And yes, it may hurt as hell, however trying to flog a dead horse won't help either.

YOu cannot force anyone to love you ( or anyone else ) ; just as you can't force them to genuinely laugh. You can be loveable, or funny, but they may have different tastes.
Moving on may feel painful, but continuing to pine and expct the impossible, is more painful and lasts much longer. And to twist the metaphor, it's more like insisting that a dead horse flog you !

2
Posted by: Ella | 2010-11-23

I cannot agree with you more.
It takes courage to walk away eventhough it hurts.
I have also learned to never love anyone more than you love yourself because if you do you will allow (if the person is abusive/negligent to your feelings) the hurt that is being caused to you.

Reply to Ella