Posted by: Janine | 2012-10-05

facial swelling, no pain, swelling moves

A few months ago something in my throat swelled up at times but I could still breath normally, my voice just went away at the time of swelling. It would last for about 3 hours and then gone. After a few would happen again and then gone again.
I went to the ENT dr and was admitted into hospital for all kinds of tests and antibiotics through a dissapeared.
a month and a half ago my mom passed away and while I was in Kld for the funeral I woke up one morning and my left cheek and eye was swollen excessively...the swelling would go down a bit during the day, I had no pain, no bite marks, no itching only the swelling...I went to see the GP in the town - he said I had cellulitis and put me on a course of augmentin antibiotics. The next week it was still there but then my face started itching on a different place and the swelling started moving to the place where it itched. I went to see my GP when I was back in my home town and he said it was a sinus infection...gave me another course of strong went away so I never used the second course of antibiotics...Two weeks later it started again...from where the swelling stopped in my hairline above my right eye. Again my face itched a bit and the swelling would move to where it itched. it moved over my right eye and I went to get the antibiotics the dr gave me but also went back to him...still he said sinus infection. after the antibiotics it went away again...and guess what it is back...again moved from where it stopped and now back to where it started in the beginning. I have realised now that before the itching starts and the swelling starts moving, my lower back will pain extremely...I would become a little dizzy at times as well. Before I go back to the dr I was wondering if anyone could help shed some the thing in my throat maybe what is going on on my face (that same thing). Thx

Your symptoms are really atypical. Sinusitis will cause moderate facial swelling and puffiness of the eyes. Cellulitis will cause severe pain, fever and redness of the skin that is painful to the touch.

Itching as a precursor to the swelling is a sign that you might be suffering from a contact dermatitis. I therefore, suggest that you consult a dermatologist when your symptoms occur. You can ask your pharmacist for Celestamine tablets to take when your symptoms appear. If it is an allergic reaction, the Celestamine tablets will bring immediate relief.

Posted by: Lu | 2012-10-05

I am so sorry you lost your Mom. Could it possibly be stress ?? You have had a battery of tests and diagnosis'' with nothing really. Stress and heartache can do so much damage. Have you thought of seeing someone and trying something (sorry to say, but, meds) while you deal with the loss of your Mom ?? Let us know how it goes.

Reply to Lu