Question
Posted by: Jane | 2010/01/28

Facial Skin Problem

Hello Doctor
I hope you can help me. For quite some time now (years) I’ ve been getting something (don’ t want to call it a rash as it is more blister / cold sore like) in my face. It is not on any specific part of my face but definitely more dominant on the bigger parts, not my nose, chin or forehead. I used to think it was just before or during my period but since then it seems to be much more frequent. To best describe it I want to compare it to blisters / cold sore, or something similar. It is also similar looking to acne but it definitely isn’ t (just using this to try and explain it causes a bump) visible on my skin. It itches very bad and sometimes it makes like a little water bubble and when it breaks the liquid is a yellow looking fluid (more watery than paste) and when it dries out it gets very hard. I don’ t get it all over my face all at once, would say I get a maximum of about 5 at a time on different parts of my face, and sometimes quite a few days pass between “ one set to the next set”  of I can put it that way. I wish I knew better how to describe but can' t think of any other way. Please let me know if you have any idea of what this might be. When I get this I feel as if I don’ t want to go out in public because it doesn’ t look great.

I know I should probably see a dermatologist but they are quite expensive just for the appointment, not even beginning to mention the treatment  and then the one close to me is so fully booked you have to make an appointment in advance but I can’ t since it isn’ t always visible, and it “ comes so quick”  and takes about 2 –  3 days to go away.

Please help if you can.

Thanks very much!
Gender: Female
Age: 32

Hallo Jane
It could be type of staphilococcus infection - see if it helps if you use Bactroban ointment on it as soon as it comes out. Herpes infections are usually quite painful and usually breaks out in a cluster together.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/28

Hallo Jane

Reply to cyberdoc