Question
Posted by: Joey | 2012/09/05

Facial scars

Hi Dr,
Thanks for a lovely, informative forum.
I have a few facial acne scars that I would like to " improve" 
You will advise that I see a dermatologist on the best treatment. I just want to know in generlal what the MOST effective treatment is for facial scars, ie Fraxel lazer, Vit A topical treatment, dermarolling, dermabrasion, etc.
Please advise.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Joey, thank you for the question and I am glad you are finding the forum informative.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would need to examine the scars before deciding on the best treatment options.
Generally speaking a number of options exist but in saying that the degree of improvement is dependent on the depth of the scar, the type of scar, and the degree of underlying tethering by scar tissue.
Fractional skin resurfacing treatments (Fraxel, Sublative Rejuvenation, etc. ) can improve scars considerably but preparing the skin prior to the treatments with vitamin A may help even further. There is nothing stopping you starting off with a topical approach (Vitamin A) or chemical peels (glycolic, TCA, etc.) and then deciding on a laser treatment at a later stage. Occasionally one can get improvement with dermal fillers if there is not too much underlying tethering.
Your best option would be to see a dermatologist (with a special interest on the cosmetic side of the skin) or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the scars and give you the best treatment option/s.

2
Posted by: Sofibraim | 2012/10/22

i heard honey, or a oats maskbut try one of theseDab a small amuont of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on pimples before bed  this helps dry out the pimples. Mix equal amuonts of lemon juice and rose water, apply to face with a cotton ball, and allow to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing. 15-20 days of this application helps cure pimples and also helps to remove blemishes and scars. Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area overnight. Wash off with warm water next morning. For acne that hasn''t seemed to respond to anything, steep 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves in 1 cup boiling water for 10-20 minutes, cool, and apply to affected area with a cotton ball.

Reply to Sofibraim
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/09/12

Reply to anti-ageing expert