Question
Posted by: SJ | 2010/06/28

facial rash

Dear Doc
My husband came down with flu last week and stayed at home for a couple of days. At the same time he developed red blotches on his cheek and chin (mostly the right hand side). Is this possibly from the flu? He''s still recovering from the flu, but the rash does not seem to get any better. Our house is air-conditioned (we live in the tropics) and he thinks it might be that his skin just dried out, but we''ve been putting cream on it for a couple of days now without any visible improvement. I''m worried though that if it is fungal, that we will worsen it by moisturising it repeatedly. What is the best way to determine what''s causing it and what treatment option to follow? We don''t have access to medical treatment where we live.
Thank you for your help.

Hallo SJ
It is very difficult to guess what this could be but I don't think it is from the flu. It could be fungal (tinea infection) if it is a flat red area with a slightly reddish border. Do you have a pharmacy nearby? Let the pharmacist have a look?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/28

Hallo SJ