Posted by: Jacqui | 2010-03-19

Facial Pain

Hi, I have suffered from facial pain on and off for a few years now. Usually I got treated for sinusitis or ear infection and the antibiotics, antihistamines and pain killers help nicely. But the pain just comes back. Trip to the dentist indicated a possible sinus infection. Now recently I went to ENT specialist who ruled out Sinusitis. Currently on a nasal spray, but pain is back after being on it for 3 weeks. Pain is around upper jaw, side of face and around sinus are all on left side of face. What could it be?

Facial pain can be caused the structures of the face, skull and brain. There are several causes that will have to be investigated and I suggest that you consult a neurologist to exclude neurological causes, like epilepsy (characterised by facial pain with or without seizures), trigeminal neuralgia etc.

If the neurologist is unable to pin point a cause, you can consult a facial macillar surgeon to rule a structural cause, like like temporomandibular joint syndrome.

Kind regards

Posted by: adam | 2010-03-20

Contact Dr Elliot Shevel at the headache clinic. He did wonders for me. No one else believed me when I kept complaining of pain. he found the problems

Reply to adam