Posted by: Thash | 2012-11-15

Facial hair

I am a 32 year old female with dark coarse facial hair, i had blood tests done and my gp told me they were all normal, i have never been to a gynae before. so i was just wondering whats wrong with me?

I don't know what tests your doctor did, so can't comment. If you have regular periods, there is probably no need to see a gynae. Facial hair can be herifitary, so if it runs in your family it may be normal.

Posted by: Tanya | 2012-11-18

Red, if you read the question properly you will see that Thash did go for blood tests which would have included hormone levels presuming the GP knew what he was doing. Maybe you should educate yourself and comprehend what you read before commenting.

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: Red | 2012-11-17

Excessive hair growth can actually be hormone related Tanya, and this can be treated with the pill etc. So please, no sarcastic comments until you educate yourself?

Reply to Red
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-11-15

Oh come on!! A gynae doesnt deal with facial hair - go and see a beautician and get advice from them. Really!

Reply to Tanya