Posted by: Maggy | 2009-07-23

Facial hair

H there, Pls could you give me some advice? I have fine hair on my face, can not cover it with a base, so how would I be able to get rid of it? I am getting married in October, and i am 49 yrs old, even if it is just for the day, would i be able to use a hair removal cream? Or would that just make it grow out more and become a stubble? I can not afford to go to a salon or a Dr for this. Pls advice. thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Maggy, thank you for the question and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.
The fine blond hair on our faces is termed vellus hair and is usually associated with hormonal changes. You can definitely try a hair removal cream and it should not accelerate the hair growth or cause stubble to appear, but my advice is to try it well before the wedding to make sure that you do not develop any skin reaction.