Question
Posted by: Nonku | 2009/04/08

facial hair

Im a 35 year old female with a very bad unwanted hair growth on the chin, legs and chest. I checked my thyroid and results were normal, 16 &  5.5 tsh. What can I do to prevent the growth.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nonku, thank you for the question.

My suggestion is to be referred to an endocrinologist or a gynecologist so that a thorough medical examination can be done including blood work to check other possible causes for increased hair growth such as polycystic ovarian disease. Once all your hormonal levels have verified that they are normal one may consider permanent hair reduction using laser or IPL.