Posted by: Racoon | 2012-06-18

Facial flushing

Dear Doc

I am a mom of 3 young kids, 41, with regular cycle and ovulating. The past 2 or 3 weeks I have started experiencing facial flushing the moment it is only a bit warm in the car or office. I am sure it cannot be menopause as I am still too young and have a regular cycle. What else could it be. I am experiencing a very stressful time on both a personal and work level, and am sleeping very poorly due to kids waking 3 to 6 times a night (the past 3 weeks). I also am seeing increased hairgrowth on my chin (embarassing). Please help, as the re facial flushing is becoming an issue. Many thanks.

I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests and full hormone profile, to determine the cause for your symptoms.