Question
Posted by: Katie | 2011/08/02

Facet Joint Injury

I have facet joint injury. My doc said I must take it easy. No gym for 2 weeks. I am on an antiflammotory tablets. It has been 4 days now and I am not feeling any better. Is this the normal treatment for this injury? How long will it take to recover?

Katie

Depending of the severity, back injury can take quite some time to recover. Be patient for at least 4 to 6 weeks and try to rest as much as possible. Use cold packs, followed by warm packs. If the pain increases in intensity and does not subside, reconsult your doctor and consider an MRI of the affected area.