Posted by: este | 2012-05-29

Facet Arthrosis

I''m 28, had my x-rays done over the weekend - mild facet arthrosis in my lower back. I do gym - mostly cardio. Will be starting yoga and other exercise etc soon for stronger core muscles. Any supplements or changes to my diet to improve my bones etc as well ?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Hi Este
The x-rays just picked up a bit of "wear and tear" in the lower back- avoid very high impact exercise as this can aggravate lower back pain. If you follow a diet reasonably high in dairy (you need about 1000mg of calcium per day), ecercise (as you are already doing), don't drink more than 2 alcoholic drinks per day, don't smoke, you are doing fine.

Posted by: este | 2012-06-05

I''m not " big"  on dairy - but I do eat my yoghurt and cheese. Been drinking Soya milk lately, and taking MenaCal7 tablets each day. I''m a non-smoker, and def. no more than 2 drinks a day ! :) Thanks for the feedback !

Reply to este