Posted by: Jane | 2009-09-04

I know how much you hate social media such as facebook - and when I see what its coming to, I am beginning to feel the same way.

For the small price of (AUS)$177, off australian website uSocial, you can now BUY yourself 1000 facebook friends. I mean seriously, what is the world coming to, that people need to buy friends to look cool.

I don't HATE media like facebook --- I just see them as essentially useless, and cynically selling fake "friendships" to people too lazy to go out and make genuine living friends. The "facebook friends" are non-exisen, ghostly fashion accessories.

Posted by: Samantha | 2009-09-07

I suppose it' s all in your method. I have a friend who is currently going through a very difficult time, and FB has made her situation even worse, ' cause she has 350 friends, who all feel the need to either share or discuss the problem openly with each other on FB. I on the other hand, only have a few REAL friends on FB, and I don' t share what' s going on in my life on the site. FB has been handy in the sense, that I could share with distant friends and family, photos and holidays. Also, with today' s lifestyle, so many people are so busy with everything else, that you never see or hear from them, FB helps them stay in touch!

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-09-04

I have found someone in our family i have been searching for for over 20 years - our family has tried tracing agents etc and we' ve never been able to

There is good AND bad, unfortunately in the world we live we do not always have time to meet up with people but you want to keep contact.

I don' t use it to see how many friends I can make but to see how my friends are and what they are up to.

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend
Posted by: Huh? | 2009-09-04

Who cares?

Reply to Huh?