Question
Posted by: mu5ique | 2008/10/17

Facebook

Hi there,
I would like to know...
Can one develop a " pshygological problem"  because of facebook?
When would one know if you have a problem because of facebook...
Is it normal to want to know what is happening in your friends lives, keeping up to date with photos of friends etc.

I am asking these questions... I use facebook nearly everyday. I' ve been that kind of person all my life. Keeping contact with friends, either phoning, sms' es, emails etc. With facebook it is just so much easier..but....
My boyfriend seems to have a problem with me wanting to know what other people are doing daily.
The thing is, he was not broad up like me, wanting to do these things.
Is there maybe book one can give him to read or something to let him understands these things? Or to teach him how to be able to build relationships by sharing things like this..
He also used facebook, and started to enjoy it, making contact with old friends etc. - but now he has deleted his profile without even telling them...

I feel this is abnormal.

Any advice?
Thanks,

No, but some people with some psychological prpblems might feel drawn to Facebook and become over-involved there. Is it normal to want to know, etc ? It depends. TO check on genuine friends now and then --- fairly normal. To feel you have to check several times an hour, not normal at all. It's a matter of proportion.
But why are you so nosy as to want to know the trivia of friend'\s lives, rather than only the important things ?

2
Posted by: Feefee | 2008/10/19

I disagree - its a good way to stay in contact - if you feel you have a problem then limit yourself.

Reply to Feefee
Posted by: Rose | 2008/10/18

I will most probably be stoned to death for this, but I believe facebook should be totally terminated. There are only a few people who know what social networking means, and use fb in a social way. The rest of the users are no better than perverts.

Reply to Rose