Posted by: AF | 2009-05-12

Face skin

I have a little problem with my skin. I don' t have acne, but I do get a pimple every now and then and fat balls as well, which keeps my skin from looking clear most of the time. I used to wash my face with hand soap but a beauty adviser recommended recently that I use a mild cleanser by Vichy. So I use it now and I realized it doesn' t remove my dead cells, which means they accumulate and then my skin peels. So sometimes I use a scrubbing cream and I also rub body lotion into my face until the face gets a little red. I heard it' s good when blood flows more in the skin. And my skin gets very soft and the fat balls all go away overnight. My question is, is it good to do this in the long run? Right now, I notice it does my skin a lot of good. But am I overwearing my skin? I' m 25.

Dear AF
I think you are maybe irritating the skin at this point in time. I like the Dove gentle exfoliating soap - it removes dead skin cells and moisturize at the same time. You can then use a facial moisturizer if needed morning and night. When you do anything to your skin on the face, it should be gentle