Question
Posted by: Gigi | 2012-01-14

face scrubs

I absolutely hate using conventional face scrubs that contain rough particles of some sort to scrub away dead skin cells. I was accosted by a sales lady in a shopping mall in the usual manner but gave in and bought a gel that very gently and effectively peels the skin in the same way a scrub would. It was at a make-shift stall and now I can’ t find them again! I’ m devastated as the product works great on my very sensitive skin. There doesn’ t seem to be an equivalent in the shops although I think Filorga or Givenchy has brought out something like that…  What acid do you think might have been contained in this product and is there an easily available product like this peeeling gel?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Gigi, thank you for the question.

This is difficult to answer as one would need to know the ingredients used to accurately answer which acid was used. Would it be possible to submit a new question with the name of the product as this may help in finding the actual ingredients used.
The most common superficial acid used in a face wash or as a gentle ‘exfoliator’ and that typically does not react with sensitive skin is glycolic acid.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012-01-18

Hi Gigi, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert