Question
Posted by: Batti | 2008/07/04

Face heating up

Hi, I'm a 50-something 98kg male with diabetes and a cholesterol problem, though I'm on a healthier diet that I stick to fairly well. Recently my face and ears have been heating up (and going red) disproportionate to my body temperature; I think it happens after I eat. Any idea what this is related to and possible treatment? Thanks for your time.

Dear Battie
The fact that your face and ears go red and feel hot could be caused by so many different factors, that I must advise you to consult a Dermatologist. You could be reacting to a medications that you are taking, be sensitive to a food or food component, or have developed a skin condition called Rosacea. The dr will have to take a detailed medical history and do tests if necessary.