Question
Posted by: Sheena | 2010/05/14

FACE FEELING DRY..

Hi there..I a female..39 years with dry skin..as far as I can remember it was never oily..I dont have problems with pimples and I dont use any concealer (onderlaag)and no make up..
Dont use any spesific products eather..
Know I can not use DOVE..it makes my skin feel tight and dry..

Questions..
1) What can I use..? I want a product that is not to expensive but good and that wil give moisture to my skin..
2)I have had heartacke in my life resently as well as stress..can this be the cause..? I know winter is here and I think this might also play a role..
3) Is it important to use a night cream as well as a day cream..?
4) What make do you suggest..?
5)I do believe that the problem must be within my body..is it better to use creams and products or to drink pills like Primrose oil or both..?

Hope to get feedback from you soon!
Thank you for the time to read and answer my email..

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sheena, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and decide on what the best treatment options are. Medical conditions such as xerosis, dermatitis, eczema, etc. should be excluded.

As a general rule your skin care regime should take the following into consideration:

A good SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide must be used daily and applied several times daily during our hotter months

Do not use granular scrubs or exfoliating face washes; the skin should be gently washed twice daily with a face wash – do not go for ‘squeaky clean’.

A good moisturizer such as Epimax (excellent value for money) is adequate and can be bought at any pharmacy.

One does not need a day and a night cream

Consider adding one product that contains anti oxidants and ‘cell stimulators’ such as NeoStrata’s Bionic Face Cream and Renewal Cream that can be used at night.

Stress may play a role with the skin changes you have noted and oral supplements within the prescribed doses will not harm.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/05/17

Hi Sheena, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert