Question
Posted by: jenn | 2010/10/06

Face creams what to use

Hi there.
I''m a 28 year old woman, and have fairly good skin. I''ve only worn make-up 5 times in my life for matric dances, year end functions and my wedding. Other than that I only use lipice and no make-up of any kind.
I use either Dawn body lotion or baby aquas cream on my face and body. And I only wash my face with water.
I want to start using better products but I have no idea what I need and I cant'' afford these expensive day and night creams and facewashes.
Since I can remeber my mom used oil of olay day and nightcreams and she is 53 now and looks like she could be 40.
She is also not using those creams anymore because of the price.
Can you recomend any less expensive creams that we can use?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jenn, thank you for the question.

My advice would be to look at Nivea’s ‘Anti-Ageing’ Range (Visage) as they are a good value for money range (not sure what the prices are). Your best and most important topical cream is a good SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several times daily, and as far as I am aware, Nivea are starting to use these ingredients in their sun protection topicals.

3
Posted by: Ria Labuschagne | 2010/10/25

Onder my vel - gesig - is daar knoppies. Wat kan oorsaak wees.
Dankie.

Reply to Ria Labuschagne
Posted by: Liane | 2010/10/14

I would recommend Vitaderm. It''s relatively inexpensive and contains no harmful ingredients such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate or paraben preservatives. Since you only wash your face with water your skin won''t be use to harsh ingredients and Vitaderm is one of the best locally produced skin care products. Also look at organic products such as ESSE. :)

Reply to Liane
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/10/12

Hi Jenn, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert