Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2009-07-01

Eyes tremble

Dear Doctor,
Sometimes my eyes tremble. I don' t know what it is. I have miopia and strabism, and wear glasses since I was 15. I' m 24 now. They don' t tremble all the time, but today my left eye has been trembling since this morning, every few second it does. I don' t understand because today was a regular day of work. I drank coffee as usual and I' m usually a nervous person (always worried, always trying to do everything quickly and well) but today is the first time I' ve had this constant trembling. I don' t know if it' s important, but I noticed when I take my glasses off (I do only when I go to sleep), my eyes shake much more often and I can' t focus the same object for more than a few seconds. Should I see an eye doctor or is this related to my nervous system?

Dear Patricia
This could be due to eye strain. Have you had your eyes tested in the last year to see if your glasses are still right? Putting a warm facecloth on the eye, and taking a muscle relaxant like Norflex may help.

2
Posted by: Patricia | 2009-07-01

Oh, I forgot to say something that might be important. When I cry, my left eye stays dry for much longer and sometimes it doesn' t get wet at all, except if I cry a lot.

Reply to Patricia
Posted by: Patricia | 2009-07-01

I just did a test and I feel my pulse on my left eye.

Reply to Patricia