Question
Posted by: anonny | 2010/07/19

eyes swollen?

My 6 year old spayed, labxborder collie?, bitch''s eyes look a little different to me lately- as if they are bulging slightly. It also seems that her pupils are in general slightly larger more dilated).
Apart from this there is nothing abnormal about her eyes'' appearance.
She does have a slight clear discharge which is her normal allergic winter reaction along with itchy skin, for which I give her one allergex every night.
I have actually wondered since she was a pup whether her sight was 100%. She seems not to see quite as well as my other bitch.. She is somewhat overweight, for which I am treating her with lite dog pellets and a gradual increase in exercise in the form of brisk walks

Hi Anonny

I think that it maybe a good idea to take your dog to the vet for a health check-up and optical examination. With the optical examination the vet may be able to identify if there is an underlying pathology that can account for the observations noted.

Common conditions may include:

Corneal endothelial degeneration
Cataract
Lens luxation with secondary glaucoma
Glaucoma
Progressive retinal degeneration
Chorioretinitis
Retinal detachment
Retinal degeneration
Sudden acquired retinal degeneration
Neoplasia of the optic chiasma

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/19

Hi Anonny

Common conditions may include:

Corneal endothelial degeneration
Cataract
Lens luxation with secondary glaucoma
Glaucoma
Progressive retinal degeneration
Chorioretinitis
Retinal detachment
Retinal degeneration
Sudden acquired retinal degeneration
Neoplasia of the optic chiasma

Reply to CyberVet