Question
Posted by: Eyes | 2008/11/24

Eyes irratable

I spent the weekend in the sun without sunglasses.I did a 2.5 hr cycle as well on Sunday.The sun was harsh on Sunday and from the evening it felt like I have something in the corner of my right eye.Today my eyes are sore and I can' t look at my PC screen comfortably for too long.Under bright light (sun/artificial) I tear and my eyes are irratable.What is going on here will this go away soon?

Please respond Doc.

Dear Eyes
You may have a bit of conjunctivitis. If your eyes have a yellow sticky discharge you may need antibiotic eyedrops. You could also have injured the cornea ( sunburn or wind burn) This usually clears up within 24 hours