Posted by: Michelle Kater | 2011-08-26

Hi my husband was welding a gate yesterday, he did wear the safety glasses,but last night his eyes was swollen and he had terrible headaches.We did put in Eye drops he washed his face with soapy water and cleaned his eyes out with cold water.His eyes is still burning if he looks into the sun or any sharp light should he go to a optometrist or doctor.Please advice.

I suggest that your husband consults a doctor. In the interim, he can use Tears Naturale, as well as avoiding bright light and wear sunglasses. The welding damages the outer layer of the cornea and will heal within a couple of days. The condition is very uncomfortable and can be extremely painful. Therefore, he should use the Tears Naturale as often as he want and please avoid any other opthalmic eye drops until he has consulted his doctor.