Question
Posted by: Eyes | 2010-02-19

Eyes

Hello Doc

What is the cause for one eye to be small than the other and not the same size. My left eye is smaller than the other. U don''t notic it in the mirror but you do in photos. Perhaps genetic since my mother has the same problem but none of my brothers and sisters have this problem. When I was born this eye was squint so I then had an operation to fix this and now it is fine. Could that abe the cause.

It is possible that the operation caused some damage to the muscle that lifts the eyelid. If there is no obvious swelling, mass or infection of the upper eyelid, you should not be concerned.