Question
Posted by: Keenan | 2009/06/15

Eyelid Twitches

I often (at least once a week) get an involuntary twitch in my eyelid (right or left but never both at the same time). My eye does not close or spasm as such, my vision is not blurred and it is not painful. However, it is unbelievably annoying as I can feel the almost " violent"  twitching and actually notice the little jumps in my sight. I have no other nervous condition and I supplement my diet well so i have doubts about it being a deficiency. Should I be worried? Thanks

Dear Keenan
No you need not worry - it is often due to overexertion of the eyes - try a warm facecloth on the area and a muscle relaxant (like Norflex) if this happens.