Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2011-03-29

Eyelid Surgery

Hi, I asked a question earlier this month about a chemical peel and havent made a decision yet. Something that caught my eye this weekend was eye surgery to alleviate/lessen/remove the wrinkles around the eyes and possibly lift the eyelids.

Is 40 an acceptable age and what can one expect to pay?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tracey, thank you for the question.

The correct ‘age’ for surgery is simply if no non surgical correction exists for an area or concern; in my opinion if there is not a fatty pad and/or excessively lax skin then surgery should not be contemplated. Your best advice would be to consult a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and give you the best treatment options. One should remember that with each surgery performed the possibility of complications and scar tissue increases and as we age the laxity of the skin in the eye area will be seen even after surgery as the effects of surgery are not permanent. Good results (tightening and softening the wrinkles of the eyelid skin) and lifting the eyebrows can be achieved in certain individuals with fractional skin resurfacing, Botox, and fillers.