Posted by: Zeenat | 2011-05-10

Eyebrow twitch

I''ve been having this eyebrow twitch on my left eyebrow for the past 3 days, it comes several times a day and lasts for around 2-15minutes at a time, it has become quiet irritating. Could you please help me understand what is happening to me.

The eye twitching that you are experiencing is an involantary movement of the muscles of the upper eyelid.

Eye muscle twitching is the dysfunction of the 7th cranial nerve and is caused by bright lights, stressful situations and fatigue. Other causes may include lack of sleep, caffeine intake, cigarette smoking and stress.

Treatment will be as follows: Avoid caffeine intake and stressful situations; stop smoking; light massaging of the area; use of Spersallerg eye drops; supplementation with calcium and potassium (or eating bananas).

Also ensure that you get enough sleep.