Question
Posted by: Lolla | 2010/08/12

Q.

eye twitching for almost 2 weeks

My eye has been twitching so much lately on the left side in such a way that I am now concerned and I feel like my left eye is becoming retarded. This movement often happens once in about 3 hrs and it continues to twitch for about 30 minutes at a time. I am considering going to the optemetrist but I am not sure what do I say to him when I get there...people say it''ll go away over time but its almost 3 weeks now! Please help.

Expert's Reply

A.

Hallo Lolla
Try taking a muscle relaxant like Norflex and putting a warm face cloth on it. Or try using antihistamine eye drops like Spersallerg. The most common causes are eye strain, stress, too much caffein or lack of sleep. If it does not improve, you may need to see your GP to check for other causes or to see if botox injection of the muscle is needed

3
user comments

C.

Posted by: Lolla | 2010/08/24

It turned out to be an eye infection , I had conjuctiva infecion or something and it appeared to be like pink eye then some yellow fluid was coming out of my eye, according to the doctor that was the eye disinfecting its self, he gave me Chloramex Ophthalmic Ointment which is an antibacterial eye ointment.

Reply to Lolla

TRy taking Magnesium, or the tissue salt Mag phos - works wonders for muscle twitches!!! And it''s inexpensive with no side effects.

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/12

Hallo Lolla

Want to comment?