Posted by: Mike | 2010-07-23

Eye specialist/Optometrist

Good day doc.

i''m 25 year old guy and been using reading glasses for past 3 years (just as i started working which involve lots of time infront of pc - my eyes became very sore and red).

My problem is lately its been bothering me (not unbearable but rather VERY uncomfortable) so i''m not sure what the problem is. my eyes get very red at times and sometimes (rarely) bright light irritate my eyes.

my question: is the problem due to excessive laptop viewing? should i get new reading/pc glasses (this is my second pair now - had them checked out just over a year ago and got these)? or could the problem be that i need additional glasses (outside of reading/pc glasses - although i dont have probles seeing). who do i go for accurate diagnosis - eye specialsist or optometrist. i''m not too keen on the normal optometrists as i''ve had bad experiences with them not really identifying your probelm just slapping glasses on you which in turn really weaken your eyes.

Please advise.

I suggest that you consult an opthalmologist for an examination and accurate diagnosis.