Question
Posted by: justin | 2009-01-29

eye pains

hey doctor

i am a school going child am in grade 11 now.i do go gym and stuff but i want to know: recently when i like get back home from school and if i close my eye and put 1 finger on my closed eye it pains, i dont know if this is eye tension or what.how to i get rid of it

Dear Justin
Painful eye balls can be a sign of inflammation in the eye (iritis) or increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma) or strain on the eye. Go to an optometrist for an evaluation - ask them to look inside your eye, to test the eye pressure and to test your eyes to see if you can see well. They will refer you to an opthalmologist ( eye specialist ) if needed, or treat you if they can