Question
Posted by: A | 2010/11/02

Eye Pain

I recently (two days ago) discovered that the area around my eye is burning (and also rather sensitive to touch as well as dry). I''m on a new medication called Lamictin that reportedly causes rashes - could it be the cause?

I heard that STD''s can also cause eye infections, but I haven''t had sex. Unprotected oral sex with my girlfriend (although I barely went down on her once - long story).

Any advice?

Hallo A
You say that it is around your eye (not in your eye) so unlikely to be STD. The most probably cause is a dermatitis (or eczema) caused by a chemical (like a new soap, or face cream or shaving cream). Lamictin can cause allergic rashes with itching or blisters. You should maybe let your doctor have a look at the area as you may need a prescription for cortisone cream

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/02

Hallo A