Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2010-08-02

Eye pain

Hi Doc,

I wear glasses for my short sightedness and recently (2-4 years ago) I started to suffer from eye strain. This could be derived from working on the PC, not sure. 2 years ago, the pain got severe (along with eye twitching) and my optomotrist refered me to an opthomologist - they found nothing. Last night, my left eye started paining terribly again and this morning, the pain has spread to my jaw (same symptoms as 2 years ago). I can only feel the pain in my jaw when i eat.

Last week I had my eyes tested &  it was discovered that I have astigmatism, do you think this is related? Is it a muscle issue? Do I need to have scans? I am not sure of what route to take as the optomologist found nothing.

Please advise.

Hallo Kitty
It may be a referred pain due to a muscle spasm in the face or it may be a kind of migraine you are getting. It is not related to astigmatism. Ask your GP to check your TM joint on the sore side, and to look for facial muscle spasm or neurological signs that may indicate migraine. He can also maybe let you try a migraine medication to see if this will take the pain away.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-03

Hallo Kitty