Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-16

Eye Issues

Hi Doc,

I went to my dr 2 weeks ago as my left eye was red and itchey. I went to him the day after I started expereincing this problem. He said it was mild conjuntivitis, and I should use eye-gene. The problem cleared up 3 days later.

I went to him today as the problem has flaired up again, but worse than before. My left eye is red, itchey, a bit puffy, and it feels strained / tired.

I explained my symptons to him, he looked at my eye for about 5 minutes, and then looked in a text book of some kind for about 20 minutes to see what he should prescribe. (This did not fill me with confidence).

I asked about relestat and tobrex, as my sister suggested these might help. He had to look up the names in his book.

He eventually prescribed Ciloxan, and said that if the problem has not cleared up by tomorrow afternoon, I should call him so that he can make an appointment at an eye clinic for me.

He is not my regular dr. My dr. went into semi-retirement and sold her practice to him.

I' m concerned that I' m not recieving the best care / advice from him.

Any thoughts / feedback regarding my eye issue and whether or not I should look for a new dr would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dear Anon
I think you should get an eye pressure test, and an examination of the conjunctiva - let an optometrist have a look and refer you to an opthalmologist if necessary.