Posted by: Shanie | 2009-03-04

Eye infection at night

I have been allergic to cats and dogs since I can remember, but for the past 5 yrs I have had a cat and dogs and I seemed to be fine. No sneexing, no eye itching, no swelling of my throat - nothing. Recently (about 3 weeks now) my eyes become extremely itchy and red and swollen every single night! It' s driving me insane! I have had a terrible sneezing episode about 3 days ago where I just couldn t stop sneezing! Please can anyone tell me what I can use to make this itching at night stop. I normally drink Allergex for my allergy but it' s not working any more. I should mention that my dogs sleep with us on the bed because they are like kids to us. And the cat also run around the house.

Dear Shanie
Try Loratidine 1 at night for a week, and use Spersallerg in your eyes every 4 hours for a few days. If it persists you may need some cortisone ( you will need a prescription) The dogs on the bed situation is not ideal ...but you know that. Try to bath them often to reduce possible allergens.