Question
Posted by: Angelique Roodt | 2011/03/14

Eye Infection

Please can you assist. I have a very bad eye infection. And was given Metazol, Purmycin and Covomycin-D. Have been taking these meds for about 3 days. Now I am itchy all over. Is this normal. I know I am allergic to penicillin. And the infection is not getting better. What can I do

Hallo Angelique
You can develop keratitis (infection of the cornea) with permanent scarring and vision loss. Please see an eye specialist as soon as possible (tomorrow!!). They need to take a smear of the tears and send to the lab to determine the cause and sensitivity of the germs causing the infection.
DR Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/14

Hallo Angelique
DR Bets