Question
Posted by: TM | 2008/08/11

Eye infection

I woke up this morning with sore swollen, itchy eyes. My eyes have been burning all day and they seem to make hard crusts almost lke sleep that gets stuck in the corners. I the pharmacy gave me drops that ate for pink eye but it doesnt seem to be working yet. What is it and what should I get to take it away?

HI TM
You have an eye infection and probably need antibiotic eye drops - if your pharmacist gave you antibiotic drops you can try it for 24 hours but if is not much better quickly, or if your eyes are very painful and light sensitive, rather see your doctor ASAP.

1
Posted by: TM | 2008/08/12

Thanks dr Bet ,is there any reason or cause for this infection? It feels slightly better this morning but still very itchy and red should i go to the doc or do you think it will go away?

Reply to TM