Question
Posted by: Mary | 2008/10/11

Eye creams

I am 26 years old and am looking for a gentle yet effective eye cream. My skin is in good condition and I have never used an eye cream before, and I only need it to combat slight puffiness. Please can you suggest some products (including brand names) as I do not want to use any creams meant for older ladies.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mary, thank you for the question.
My recommendation for an eye cream to combat puffiness is one that contains vitamin A or one of its derivatives (esters), vitamin C, and vitamin K. Have a look at NeoStrata’s Renewal Cream and combine that with their Bionic Eye Cream. The Bionic Eye Cream is extremely moisturizing and may aggravate the puffiness so try a sample first.
Another good option is to use the La Prairie Swiss Cellular Revitalizing Eye Gel that is indicated for puffiness, and fine lines/wrinkles, and to tighten the skin around the eye.

By adding a gentle massage to the eye area when applying the cream may help with lymph drainage (start with a finger near the inner corner of the eye and gently massage the skin and lower eyelid moving your finger towards the cheek bone). Massage twice daily and one should start seeing an improvement. One can also consider using a cold compress (gel) to reduce the puffiness even more.