Posted by: Eyes | 2009-07-06

Eye care

Hello dr

I had an eye operation when I was only a couple of months old. I' m now 23, female. The reason for this is that my left i was squint while my right eye was fine. I am no longer squint. I just want to know if it is normal to feel as though you can only see through one eye? If I close my right I eye my left eye takes a little longer to focus but then I obviously see more of a black patch on the right from my other eye being closed. I don' t find this bothersome but it feels strange after a while if I have been concentrating too long or working at a computer for too long. I see more with my right eye than I do with my left. I have a bit of scar tissue left in my but you can hardly see it. Perhaps that is in the way a bit and blocking my side view but very vaguely. I don' t wear any glasses or contacts. I' m able to drive a car without any trouble and still read from quite a distance without holding a book close to my face. Am I straining my eyes a bit too much and perhaps I should go see a optician.

Dear Eyes
Please see an optometrist for a thorough eye test - ask him to test for visual fields too. If any abnormality he may need to refer you to an eye specialist ( opthalmologist)