Question
Posted by: maryanne | 2011/08/02

eye bags

hi doc
i have under eye bags im 36years old my left eye is larger then the right, i have been to a comectic surgeon who says he can remove them under local (is this safe and will i feel anything ?) secondly i went to my local gp who said i should see a dermatologist, i dont see how a dermatologist could help my problem or can he ? also are there any alternative treatments i could try other then surgery ie:juviderm ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mary-Anne, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one needs to examine the area of concern to find the exact cause of the bags and from there one can prescribe/recommend the best treatment options.

Generally speaking one will remove the fat “bags” with surgery but if there is an associated tear trough groove due to fat loss the groove will not improve.

If the bags are only mild but are made to look worse due to the underlying tear trough groove then a non surgical option (such as filler) may be a very good option for now.

Furthermore if the skin is lax and has a number of fine lines and wrinkles this may indicate early sun induced loss of collagen and elastin and one may have to consider skin resurfacing lasers as well.

Following from the above it is difficult to guide you correctly but you are more than welcome to take a digital photo and email it to me directly: info@aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za

If you would like to email me a photo please do not do a close up of the eye area as this will distort the pathology and the best photo will be of the entire face as I can zoom onto the eye area if necessary.

2
Posted by: Rolene Viljoen | 2011/08/16

Read a lot on different product for eye bag and dark circles. What is your opinion on Dermajuv (Dremagist) Eye Revolution Gel. Could not find any negative comments except that it is expencive.

Reply to Rolene Viljoen
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/08/02

Reply to anti-ageing expert