Question
Posted by: Ellen Gwena | 2010-08-11

EYE BAGS

What can i use to clear my eye bags.

Expert ImagePharmacist

From experience I know that this is one of those things with no single specific treatment. While occasionally symptomatic of other illnesses, the usual causes include allergies, tiredness, or, unfortunately, it may be heredity. No matter what the cause, you can still reduce the appearance of dark circles, and, in some cases, you may be able to get rid of them altogether.

General adivice include:

¦treating allergies , if you have any
¦getting plenty of sleep every night
¦by applying an eye cream that contains vitamin K and retinol. Regardless of the cause recent research has shown that skin creams containing these two ingredients reduce puffiness and discoloration significantly in many patients
¦by eating a healthy, balanced diet, taking vitamins, and drinking plenty of water as a whole host of cosmetic problems can be attributed to vitamin deficiencies
Tea bags or thinly sliced cucumber also seam to be effective after all. The tannin in tea bags has been shown to reduce swelling and discoloration, and cucumber slices have long been used to reduce puffiness and refresh the appearance of skin around the eyes. Lie down, preferably in the morning, and leave fresh cucumber slices or cool, damp caffeinated tea bags (you can refrigerate them overnight so they’ll be ready) over your eyes for about 10-15 minutes. Keep your eyes closed.

Or you can try potatoes. Use a liquidiser and making sure the potato is uncooked, liquidise 1 whole potato. Then scoop out and place the pureed tat on your eyes. Keep it there for 30 minutes, lying on your back, and wash of with warm water. It really works, and has been proven by scientists in the good ol’ US of A, who use this method frequently. Spa’s in China, Hong Kong and South America are also using this method, as it is designed to relax too. In one spa in America they charge over $59 , as the potatoes are blessed by Hawaiian Priests. Trust me, it makes no difference, and anyway, you can do it at home for next to nothing.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-08-12

General adivice include:

¦treating allergies , if you have any
¦getting plenty of sleep every night

Reply to pharmacist