Posted by: Just me | 2009-03-29

eye area

I have a very sensitive eye area and would like to know which eye cream on the market will reduce puffyness and also assist in slowin down of wrinkels/damage under the eye..also advice what procedure you would reommended to assist the under eye area in assisting it in preventing wrinkels damage ect that I could do in a salon.Is the use of sunbeds damaging to ppl with skin problems.?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Just Me’, thank you for the question.

The use of sun beds, tan cans, and normal sun exposure is extremely damaging to the skin and will only increase the chance of developing skin cancer AND accelerate ageing. This unfortunately applies to people who have ‘skin problems’ or not.

The best treatment options for the lower eye lid and the area immediately below the eye area is dependent on the presenting complaint. A loss of fat support should be treated with fillers; with the formation of fine lines one may consider laser or fillers or Botox. With the loss of the ligamentous support and fatty bags one may need to consider surgery.

There are no topical products that I am aware of that reduce ‘puffiness’ around the eye area demonstrated through clinical studies. To help slow down wrinkles you should look out for topical products that contain ingredients such as alphahydroxy acids (glycolic acid), vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin K. we have had good feedback from patients using the NeoStrata Bionic Eye Cream.