Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2010-09-09

extremely tired

For the last couple of weeks I''ve been extrememly tired. I do standby sometimes and this is the the same kind of tiredness as if I''ve been awake all night. I sleep my regular hours, even an hour more now because I''m so tired. I''ve gone for thyroid, sugar and iron tests which have all been normal, my cholesterol''s a bit high, 5.9, but according to the nurse shouldn''t make me tired. I got a vit B complex injection yesterday which the pharmacist said should give me some energy, but if anything I''m even more tired. I''ve been on ''the diet everyone is talking about'' for about 2 months and is almost finished, I wasn''t tired when I started so I don''t think its related. I''m back to eating all food groups in moderation and drinking vitamins, I''m eating a lot more healthy than I used to. Is there anything else I can test for?

Hallo Kelly
Have you also checked your red blood cell count for anemia? It may be an underlying viral infection like Ebstein Barr virus or Coxackie virus (you can also have your blood tested for this) or even underlying depression or burnout due to chronic high stress levels.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-13

Hallo Kelly
dr Bets