Posted by: Viv | 2009-03-19

Extremely tired

I am female 41 (had a Hysterectomy 2yrs ago, still have ovaries). I am a very small frame and I lost weight in Dec (about 5kg' s). It is very noticable. My clothes hang on me. I can' t seem to pick the weight up again. I also feel extremely tired as if I could fall a sleep at my desk. I am not on any medication. I am quite active and eat fairly healthy. I have about 8hrs sleep a night. I take a multivitamin. I started feeling tired like this about 3 yrs ago and went to GP. He done blood tests, checked my thyroid, iron BP etc. Everything was fine. I then went to a Dietician and she told me to go off wheat for a while which I did. It did help a bit, I think but, lately I am feeling really tired again. People even coment that I don' t look well (pale???). I have recently started waking up in the early hours of the morning to go to the toilet. I am also taking ensure to try to pick up weight.

Dear Viv
I think your doctor should screen you for diabetes, overactive thyroid, anemia, and low esterogen levels again. Also have your urine tested.