Question
Posted by: B | 2009-04-07

Extremely painful periods

The last couple of periods and the one that started last night have been extremely painful, much worse than before and they have also been quite heavy. I just want to cry/scream with the pain it is so bad. I went off the pill in Sept 2007 and I am obese. I am 34 years old. Could there be a problem? I also forgot to mention I am being treated for insulin resistance with Glucophage. Please can you shed some light on this. Thanks

Causes of painful heavy periods include endometriosis, adenomyosis and hormonal problems. You would have to see a gynaecologist to make a diagnosis.

1

My dauther suffers everymonth and this hampers her progress in growing in her career. Please help.