Question
Posted by: Jo | 2009/01/07

EXTREMELY HEAVY PERIOD

Since the birth of my daughter in 2007 I' ve had extremely heavy periods. The bleeding is so bad that I have to change every 2-3 hrs and still mess all over my undies. It did not bother me at first as I' ve always had heavy periods but never this bad. I bleed for 7-8 days, never less. Is this normal or should I go see my doctor? I also sometimes have a tightening feeling in my lower abdomen. I had a ceasar. I' d appreciate any advice. Thanks

I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist. Fibroids would be one cause for this.