Question
Posted by: OnlyLoveIsReal | 2009-05-13

Extremely happy but... Your thoughts please

After one year and finally admitting how we both feel about each other my bf has become so open to me like never before. He shares all his thoughts with me every single day. He writes a lot too mainly about past frustrations and ups and downs he has been through. He has showed me all his writing and a lot of it has brought me to tears. My reason for writing here is to ask why has he become so open with me. Our relationship started as friends who hooked up once and later hooked up again and again. We were never together so to speak but I fell in love with him and I kept those feelings to myself. We were such a secret from everyone especially his family which was ok becuase I knew I wasn' t his girlfriend. I met his mother recently and was introduced as his friendd. I was ok with that to be honest.Well deep down it felt hurtful but what do you expect. We were just friends with benefits. Later during our stay at his mother he told me he felt terrible introducing me as his friend. I told him it' s ok because she doesn' t know anything about us. Back home we started to chat online and that is how he told me how he feels. I' ve been really patient but so happy I got to tell him how I feel about him. I' ve been so inlove with him even though I was only ever just a friend to him. He shares his most deepest feelings with me every single day. Why has this changed so suddenly. I am not complaining but he tells me he is not himself. He seems so sad lately. I' ve told him to talk to me if anything is upsetting him. He told me he' s not upset about anything but this " sadness" . I don' t know what to call it. All I can say is that things are somuch better between us. We both have more clarity. I guess deep down we were both unsure to say how we feel judging by all the hooking up that has taken place before. I don' t have any regretts, even hooking up meant something so much more than just sex.

Gosh, we could at best guess the answer --- if he is being so darn open, surely you can ask him, and expect he can and will tell you ?
And you can ask, too, why he feels able to share so deeply with someone who is officially "just a friend". And why he doesn't want to tell his mother you're more than just a friend. It sounds as though he is giving you greater clarity on many things you actually dont need to get clear, and not on the issues that actually matter to you. Be more active in the conversations