Question
Posted by: Fart-Ima | 2011/02/01

Extremely Gassy

Hi Doc, not sure if I am at the right place. I have a rather embarrassing situation here. I had this problem for very long now. I am extremely full of gas. Every Day of my life. I am regular when it comes to “ toilet”  matters. At least once a day I must go, I try my utmost best to eat properly. I eat beans and stuff like that, that makes you gassy, once, maybe twice a month. My whole family eat what I eat, but they are fine, it''s just me. I can never ever ask my GP about this as I am really embarrassed. I can keep it in during the day, but the minute I walk out of the workplace, I let go and I can feel the relief. Please let me know if there''s something I can take. Also I am diabetic and was just wondering could it maybe be my medication??? Thank you

Hallo Fart-Ima
Glucophage (Metformin) can cause gas in about 12% of patients that are taking it. You can try taking probiotics three times a day, or activated charcoal tablets or Pankreoflat.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/01

Hallo Fart-Ima