Posted by: Worried wife | 2012-07-11

Extreme tiredness after accident

My husband was in a large MVA in Feb of this year, he sustained blow to the heart, 7 fractures to rib and fractured sternum in 2 places. Prior to this accident he was diagnosed with ''epilepsy'' as he was ''asleep'' for three days and kidneys wasn''t functioning when he finally got to the Dr. He was on Epilum for 5 months until he got a 2nd opinion with a follow up and all necessary tests from neurologist which said he doesn''t have epilepsy but his suspicion, that he was drugged by his then girlfriend with distalgesic,cilift etc concoction which caused the apilepsy like seizure, seems to be very accurate. Now the actual question is he does work extremely hard but he gets home @ say 17h15 and falls down on the bed and sleeps, his skin has blotchy red spots on neck and sides of face, he wakes up choking terribly and then vomits, has night sweat and complains of pain while asleep but can''t ''remember'' where it hurts when he''s awake. He is active and basically healthy just now where it seems his immune system is in the dumps. Should I take him to the Dr, and what can I tell the Dr? I really am worried. PS. He is 36 years old, 1.85m and weight 104kg''s, guess that''s all rather normal

Yes, your husband will have to consult his doctor, preferably one that is familiar with his medical history. Blood tests will have to be done to determine the cause for the blotches on his skin. Further blood tests will have to be done to determine if he has a problem with his immune system.