Posted by: Adrien Naude | 2012-01-26

Extreme Stomach Ache

Hi Doctor. My wife has, what appears to be, a peptic ulcer, I am deeply concerned and want her to go and see a doctor, she refuses point blank. She swears by a Lennons product called turlington, which she mixes with condensed milk, she takes 2 table spoons in the morning and 2 in the evenings before meals my first question is can this help? I am more than a little scheptical. Over the internet I came upon a product called Siberian Pine Nut Oil, how effective is this product in the treatment or relief of ulcers?

Kind Regards

Unfortunately, she will have to consult a doctor for a barium meal and gastroscopy. A definate diagnosis will have to be made, in order to treat her effectively. Gastric ulcers are usually accompanied by an infection of H. Pylori and if present, it must be treated with antibiotics. The treatment that she is currently taking and that you suggest, is ineffective and she needs medical treatment.

Complications of a gastric ulcer, include cancer of the gastric lining, as well as chronic bleeding from the ulcer, leading to severe anemia or sudden large bleeding from the ulcer.